Tuesday, August 7, 2012

the treehouse

Well, it's not needed anymore but below is the summary/breakdown of the treehouse:

all photos via MLS

1 & 2 show the front elevation - Overall this house is not the style I would typically go for however, it grew on me and the only item I definitely wanted to change was the hunter green trim.  Unlimited funds would have allowed for changing the brown color and installing a new front door but they weren't necessary.

3 shows the completely outdated kitchen... Pink cabinets. Bluish countertops. Almond appliances.  Fluorescent lighting. Wierd bench on the island. Extremely worn and scratched hardwood floors.
All of it had to be torn out.

4 is the great room.  HUGE windows that I love. Strange glass blocks behind the fireplace. Odd paint color that needs be painted over immediately.

5 & 6 shows the back of the house. Again, not what I am typically drawn to but I think part of what drew me in was the patio and entertaining area in the back.  I don't think the upper deck overlooking the patio would ever get used?

7 is the master bath.  Once again it all needed to go.  My husband barely fit in the shower and the (looked to be barely used) huge tub took up way too much space.  The glass blocks would have been removed.  The whole bath would have gotten a new floor plan if it was mine.

8 is the very spacious loft.  It overlooks the foyer, the kitchen and the great room.  It also led to the third floor tower.  The railings were metal and needed either a paint job or completely new railings. 

In general there was wallpaper to be removed, new flooring needed throughout, and general updating needed.  But the house is set back off the road, in a quiet area nestled in the trees and reminded me a treehouse.  Plenty of area around for a child to explore! Hopefully new owners will soon fix it up and love it - it has been sitting empty for far too long.




No comments:

Post a Comment